RTPE Meeting: Friday, Nov. 16, 11:30am-1:30pm
Applying Equity Perspectives in Practice: Integrating Perspectives from our Non-Profit Community
As part of this year’s equity focus, we had considered the value of also addressing equity perspectives/challenges from a program lens. Delving more deeply into our partners’/clients’ perspectives and challenges can allow us to understand our own equity focus within their contexts. For this meeting, we will have guest speakers/panelists from the non-profit/program sector. Currently, our special guests are planned to include: Sarah Mann Willcox from the NC Network of Grantmakers, Michael Robinson with NCCJ of the Piedmont Triad, and Zitty Nxumalo of Deftable. Through facilitated discussion, we will explore the challenges they have in their own work in applying and enacting an equity lens, and we will consider how this impacts our work as evaluation partners.
Southwest Library, Durham Public Library, Full Room
(3605 Shannon Rd., Durham NC, 27707; map here)
*Note the new location for this meeting! Our Frontier space was booked, and we thought this a fortuitous occasion to try out some other community location options. This space is about 10 minutes farther for Raleigh folks and a bit closer for Chapel Hill/Greensboro folks).
- 11:30 am – 12pm. Announcements and Introduction, with lunch provided. Greet attendees, receive member updates, share professional development resources, and assemble your lunch. Lunch will be provided.
- 12pm – 1pm. Panel/facilitated dialogue with program/non-profit guest speakers. Our special guests are planned to include: Sarah Mann Willcox from the NC Network of Grantmakers, Michael Robinson with NCCJ of the Piedmont Triad, and Zitty Nxumalo of Deftable.
- 1 pm – 1:30 pm. Continued Discussion and Networking. For those who can stay, we can continue our discussion or provide time for you to engage your colleagues on other topics. This hour will be flexible depending on the needs and interests of those who can stay.
RSVP to Valerie Ehrlich (RTPE Secretary) at firstname.lastname@example.org
• February 15, quarterly meeting
• May, professional development (date TBD)