RTPE Meeting Friday, August 17 – Applying Equity Perspectives in Practice: Community Reflections (Part 2)
The Fusion room at the Frontier, RTP
(800 Park Offices Drive, Durham, NC 27703, http://www.rtp.org/about-us/the-frontier/about-us/)
- 11:00 am – 11:20 am Announcements and Introduction, with lunch provided. Greet attendees, receive member updates, share professional development resources, and assemble your lunch. Lunch will be provided.
- 11:20 am – 12:00 pm – Equity Perspectives in Practice. The theme for our 2018 RTP Evaluator meetings and professional development is Evaluation and Equity: From Perspective to Practice. This meeting will provide time for us to debrief, share, and apply our takeaways from our May professional development lead by Dr. Hazel Symonette, entitled “The Evaluator as Responsive Instrument: Using the Integral Self-In-Context Model as a Resource for Equity-Minded Evaluation.”
- We will open the conversation by inviting May attendees to share key takeaways or strategies they have tried. Following we will assemble into small groups based on interest. Groups will be organized around “burning questions” that surfaced during the May workshop. (Click here to access a May PD resource bank.) If you were not able to join us in May, this is a great opportunity to plug into the conversation.
- 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm Continued Discussion and Networking. For those who can stay, we can continue our discussion or provide time for you to engage your colleagues on other topics. This hour will be flexible depending on the needs and interests of those who can stay.
RSVP to Valerie Ehrlich (RTPE Secretary) at firstname.lastname@example.org required for this meeting. We will be providing lunch and so need an accurate headcount. You must respond by August 13.
If you haven’t paid dues for 2018, board members will be available to accept membership forms, information updates, and dues.
• November 16, quarterly meeting
• February 15, quarterly meeting
• May, professional development (date TBD)